Crown & Bridges
When & Why do I need a Crown?
Reasons you may need a crown:
- You have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- You have a tooth that is cracked, worn down, or otherwise weakened
- You have had root canal treatment — the crown will protect the restored tooth
- You want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile
What is your crown made from?
Your dentist wants your crown to look natural and fit comfortably in your mouth. To decide which material to use for your crown, your dentist will consider many factors, such as:
- the tooth’s location and function
- the position of the gum tissue
- your preference
- the amount of tooth that shows when you smile
- the color or shade of the tooth